New Alarm panel to use now Honeywell are gone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Ive fitted the odd alarm over the years and used to fit the optima ADE models that are now finished.

I’m thinking of swapping out an optima compact for something with a SIM card in that will notify on alarm. What is the simplest to fit and use in this spec please?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There are lots of ways to make any alarm panel send a message via a SIM card .

The optima has 8 zones a global tamper and a global pa circuit on the latest version released.

So how many hardwired zones you using or do you want to go wireless.

Enforcer is a wireless panel off the shelf.

So my question is what do you want a replacement for the optima or something different.

Simplest is what you’re familiar with usually.
Most companies do training.

What does the panel need to have?

There are lots of ways to make any alarm panel send a message via a SIM card .

The optima has 8 zones a global tamper and a global pa circuit on the latest version released.

So how many hardwired zones you using or do you want to go wireless.

Enforcer is a wireless panel off the shelf.

So my question is what do you want a replacement for the optima or something different.

Simplest is what you’re familiar with usually.
Most companies do training.

What does the panel need to have?
Going forward with the optima being discontinued I would like a panel that can replace an optima panel. So remain wired, but also have a SMS system to message the user if it’s in alarm. Next I would like a bolt on to an existing panel that can work an optima panel to send SMS messages when in alarm .

Sponsored Links
SMS texting from control panel is now out of date.A lot of the tap services have been turned off , using app on mobile to control system is now the way forward.

We use the GJD 710 to provide SMS and voice messages via a sim card, but these are not graded communicators by all accounts.

But so many are going down the app route these days.

As for hard wired have a look around:-

many manufacturers have similar replacements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back