New Atag boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just seen the advert in gas magazine for new Atag boiler not sure how this is going to work,as I called the office in Chichester and it's completely different company even though same web site.the spells disaster all round surly.
I have just started fitting the 325ec range but unsure over this other product?! I can't see how it's going to work,anybody else seen advert and install the A and Q range ?will be interesting

Sponsored Links
Not sure but it looks like a very strange set up Having 2 companies trading as one but working completely separate. I like the gas saver on the A series but if it becomes awkward with service I'll change brand altogether, they need to ,make it clear what's going on.

Sponsored Links
Yeah you are right it's corgi franchise,I called the other Atag and he wasnt giving much away about how it was going to work,but not selling through a merchant is suicidal,they will be working out of a van delboy and Rodney style training/service/office/point of call etc.the Market is flat it ain't going to work having spoke to them I'll keep fitting the A range Atags atleast I no where I stand with service and support.
I suppose when the other Atag fail Atag uk can just cherry pick the best bits of the other boiler.

Man called Andrew Crown who I think was at Baxi has joined with corgi/homeswerve and got Atag Holland to give them a boiler for UK under name Atag Technical. It has NOTHING to do with Atag UK, no doubt they've told Atag Holland they can shift thousands a year. No doubt it will be homeserves replacement option instead of Ideal now. Aparantly it's sold direct to us no merchants involved. Personally having a look in 2 weeks but afraid I won't fit one for at least a year until it's been tested and we see where it's going. Can't see me bothering much anyway as its same cost as the current Atag UK version but without the Atag UK heat recovery unit inc.

Yeah your right,I think they asked intergas but were thrown out the door,without merchant sales it won't take off,also the Atag uk will still sell through plumb centre and u don't need to be gas safe- as we no alot us installers get either customer or builders to buy bits themselves, so they have cut 40% of installers straight away. Homeserve/corgi have a plan but it will cost alot of money before they get any returns,the guys on the road are ex Viessmann reps.I think I'll carry on with Atag uk with installers as there won't be any issues or false promises.

I think so mate, some builders and customers want to lose home improvements though over ways.I'm happy aslong as I get my day rate I'm not fussed.
What's your thoughts dan are you going to look to fit the new atags or stick with the quality you no and trust?

The new Atag has vessel behind on jig which I don't like what so ever also the a range has a 12l vessel which is fantastic,also with Wayne and Robin I have full faith,even phil seems a good guy.
I feel sorry for them

Guys you are right
Owned by Corgi Home Care
MD is Andrew Crown, ex marketing man from Baxi. Had a nick name of Andrew Clown whilst there.
Have told ATAG Holland they will sell thousands in year 1
Not going through merchant, only direct
Product not sold anywhere else by ATAG, so brand new and untested.
ATAG Heating UK are not at all happy with this but will continue to sell the A Series boilers

Yeah I heard that Andrew clown was after a high title- the thing is Atag uk is stable and anyone with sense will see though the mickey mouse set up.!!
People stick with quality and back up,the engineers/reps/trainers are ex Viessmann reps earning big bucks-But will jump when it goes pair shape that's for sure!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back