New Atag boiler

Have a look at what navien did in America in a short space on time,check the history and speak to the big wigs at HPS merchant, and they have gone in together,and with the biggest buying group in the industry. They will be huge in the future as they can and will spend what's necessary.I only heard of this lot when I looked them up,so in response San I think others will be on the solvent not just me!

Sponsored Links
america are years behind us in terms of hydronic heating technology and the big european manus are only just starting to release their ranges over there which are being installed by forward thinking earlier adopters.

unlike britain where we have been using condensing technology as standard for years now, i think it would be very difficult for navian to break the uk market, plus it looks like a cheaply manufactured pile of crap :p

Vaillant, Worcester and Ideal might have something to say about another entry to the market.

This new Atag is not a completely new entrant in the vein you're referring to, and if you mean HPS the merchant, they are hardly national players.

There are other makes our there that could enter the UK market and haven't in terms of wet central heating, and there is a good reason.

Sponsored Links
Dan you are correct it's just the info you hear and see in the domestic industry,things are changing in all the time, as long as its positive I don't mind

As said America is way behind Europe and condensing boilers are still a very new thing over there, unless there's legislation to force them on the public they will soon realise how unreliable they are compared to existing cast iron boilers...in addition their installers are just as useless over there, exacerbating the problems.

The Navien boilers in Korea and the USA are not the same as here.

Having a quick look it would appear the UK spec Naviens have been cheapened down considerably (eg. they have standard off the shelf hydraulics) and are therefore likely to be no better than many other existing boiler models. We saw it with Viessman, Buderus etc, all turned out to be turkeys...pretty much new models, made cheaper to compete in the UK. You must remember that dumbed down Britain will spend more on a mobile than a boiler. Boilers are considerably more expensive abroad.

The next problem with new entrants is their inability to have any proper backup....knowledgeable technical staff, easy parts availability, own service engineers...and for that reason they rarely become more than a niche market boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back