New Atag boiler

Sounds a lot, but won't be enough to establish them unless they really piggy back off the work existing Atag have done.

Kev, did you get any PDF's?

Sponsored Links
Yeah heard they have spent 1.5m so far,boiler not out till next month.
They have been up and about for just over a year- god nos what they have been doing in that time. I'm all up for new positive products helping the industry grow but it seems the way they are going about it has and will cause issues for some but not long lasting issues,if they go pop we will pick up the bill at some stage

Just checked the ATAG Heating Web Site !!!!
Been taken over by ATAG Heating Technology the Corgi company trading as ATAG. Talk about the tail wagging the dog. What is going on at ATAG?
They don't seem to know, looks like ATAG Heating UK have been shafted and sold down the river by Andrew "clown" Crown and his Corgi lot

Sponsored Links
Seems a coincidence so soon after Ariston Group took them over. It wouldn't surprise me if Intergas and Viessmann went the same way.

It looks to me like your old friends at ATAG in Chichester have been left with the commercial UK market, and the domestic has been given to Homeserve/Corgi.

No doubt Homeserve see it as part of their plan to get every installer having to feed from them.

Will be a long time before I buy anything from Homeserve, or those Corgi blighters who sold our confidential GWN lists.

Spoke to the guys last week,it's not going to have too much impact long term,as the contracts and the sites there selling too will keep them busy with service side,also they have made it clear that the A range domestic will still be around for a while,they are going to work more with the commercial side as more profit. makes total sense to me,all the time the A and Q range are around then the franchise will struggle.a rep in London has said feed back has been very poor and merchants will support Atag uk as Ariston own them so will support Atag uk via the merchants.
Had the other Atag done things in the right manner it would of been a great product for the industry.

Atag are going to continue with a commercial boiler that they went and pulled the rug from under another company just like they've just had done to them!!!!!

The q was around way before atag put their sticker on it!

LeeC

The Beeston and Strebal SHR/Q boilers always were manufactured by ATAG in Holland, just sold directly to these companies before ATAG Heating was set up.

I'm well aware of what boiker house they came from.
The point is companies started by selling the boiler they imported aka Beeston/strebel.
Atag Heating U.K. Set up which at the time wasn't part of the Dutch company and decided to sell the q based on them appearing to be the Dutch company.

Recently the shares in the uk were sold back to the Dutch company.

Now the UK company are upset that someone has gone direct to the boiler house, exactly like they did shafting Beeston and strebel.

What goes around comes around!

LeeC

You are 100% incorrect.
ATAG Heating UK Ltd have always since its start in 2003 been fully 100% owned by ATAG Holland.

Before that ATAG Holland sold boilers to Beeston and Strebal.They also sell to A O Smith in the UK now.

I used to work for Beeston

The most positive thing lads is that Atag uk will be fine,the other will struggle on domestic terms the only company all manufactures should be worried about is nevian the south Korea boiler,it's aggressive at the mo to get sales in the industry but they will wipe the floor in the next 5years!!

Wasn't phill bell and his partner 100% share holders of Atag Heating UK LTD up until mid 2005 when Atag heating assets BV then came on board??????

You missed out the Atag bits that ACV use as well.

If you were at Beeston then you'll know a lot of the lads I know NS,GR,MH,CD,SC. ;)
I could do with a new 6ft brush for a Robin Hood, got any spare?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back