New Bath Material

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace our bathroom suite and have seen suitably priced suites with steel and plastic baths.
What are the pros and cons of steel against plastic baths?

Sponsored Links
I always found the metal bath hold the water heat more longer as the plastic bath lose heat straight away and plastic tend to end up scratch mark on them.

I am fitting a plastic bath at the moment but must admit I prefer steel because plastic can flex more than steel which can mean that if you want to get a good seal to the wall this can be difficult. If you do go for a plastic bath my advice would be to go for as thick as you can afford because these are stiffer. Also fix battens securely to the wall under each edge touching the wall so the bath just rests on these. This will minimise any movement. If you do not use a shower over the bath and you don't have splashy kids, the good seal may not be so much of an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back