New bath plug unit

M

marsaday

I am fitting a new bath and i have bought a trap waste unit which is a push down one (no plug on a chain).

It has a big white washer which fits under the bath, but no washer for the section which goes in through the top of the bath.

Do i need to apply a bead of silicon here ?

How do i tighten the under carriage with the top bit. It looks like i have to jam a screwdriver down the plug to stop it spinning and tighten from underneath.

Sponsored Links
The bit between the top of the bath plug hole and the underside of the plastic plug hole casing ?

Not silicon ?

Sponsored Links
Purist say "nothing". I say "silicon". Not sure about what you've got. but screw the top bit down with your hand and then tighten up by a bit of jiggery pokery between adjusting the top and bottom. Do a dry run first, obviously, and make sure you work quickly with the silicon and wipe off any excess immediately using white spirit an pleny of loo roll/kitchen paper ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back