new bathroom fitted. what kind of electrical certificated..

Sponsored Links
when 17th edition comes out (soon) no bonding in bathroom required, but all circuits to be rcd fed. dont know if i would bother if i were you as it seems pointless really as they have deceided its not required but untill all the books are printed they are`nt saying

Sponsored Links
http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/env...building_regulations_and_electrical_works.htm

Special locations and installations:

Locations containing a bath tub or shower basin
Swimming pools or paddling pools
Hot air saunas
Electric floor or ceiling heating systems
Garden lighting or power installations
Solar photovoltaic (PV) power supply systems
Small scale generators such as micro CHP units
Extra-low voltage lighting installations, other than pre-assembled, CE-marked lighting sets

All wiring and electrical work will be designed, installed, inspected and tested in accordance with the requirements of BS7671, the IEE 16th edition Wiring Guidance and Building Regulation Part P (electrical safety).

so if a new bahtroon is fitted Do I need an specific certificated.

if you are having new lights etc the electrician will give you a cert modifying a final circuit in a bathroom is notifyable to the local authority also

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back