New bathroom - things I should watch out for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've decided to have a new bathroom fitted. Not a big space, about 1.9 x 2.7m

I've got a quote as follows;

Rip out bath, sink, toilet, flooring, tiles floor to ceiling all walls, electric show and pull cord, light pull cord and light, extractor and accessories.
Make safe electric shower point
Plaster all walls and ceiling
Move light switch and isolator for extractor to the landing and supply architrive switch and xpelair fan
Pipe/ fit new mixer shower
Fit 1400 x 760 enclosure, shower tray, toilet and basin (same place as originals and shower where bath was)
Fit 6 spot lights in ceiling
Fit new architrive
Move or box toilet and shower waste depending on spigot and beems are
Tile 4 walls
Fit new towel rad 1100 x 500
Fit electric mat heating and tile floor
Fit tap and all accessories

Quote 2500 plus 200 for the electric mat fitted.

Stuff ive got;

Roca gap basin, pedastal and cc toilet kit with soft seat
Grohe g2000 grohemaster shower
Grohe eurosmart tap
Mira flight low tray plus riser incase needed
Click clack waste
New chrome towel rad
Merlyn series 10 sliding enclosure 1400 x 760
Porcelsnosa tiles
Made to measure blind

£1690

Firstly, I'm fairly sure I have a good deal and I know the fitter has a great rep and is almost doing me a favour, but if this all seems over priced let me know.

What I really want to know is what to look for in the fitting. What grout should they use, what sealant? He is using copper pipes for everything, should I look at the joints and watch for anything?

And help appriciated

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
especially for that money... None of that manky weak tea and skimmed milk.

In fact; get yourself down the butchers and by two or three days worth of decent bacon for some sarnies.

Sponsored Links
decent bacon dude... none of that watery supermarket stuff... You might even get decent service valves instead of cheapo screwdriver jobs ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back