new baxi boiler (traditional type)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a quote to replace our existing ideal concord boiler (water tank in loft, hot water cylinder) in a like for like replacement, it included a Baxi solo 15 he (i think it was this model but cant remember without looking at hotmail which i cant get on at work).

my question: is this an ok boiler? i have done some digging and found the recurring problem stories that watchdog highlighted (pcb fault), but is that with combis only?

Also does anyone know if the baxi needs a pump over run cable?

Sponsored Links
my question: is this an ok boiler? i have done some digging and found the recurring problem stories that watchdog highlighted (pcb fault), but is that with combis only?

that was the potterton "suprima"

not the baxi solo :idea:

that was the potterton "suprima"

not the baxi solo :idea:

ah ok, i thought it was with baxi/potterton boilers. if not fair enough. from what i read generally most people's problems are associated with combis, it would seem traditional boilers are more reliable, is that so?

Sponsored Links
is a baxi solo an ok boiler then? if not why would an installer (more local company) use a boiler that isnt very good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back