Baxi Back Boiler Firefront

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a Baxi Back boiler with an old C3W firefront. I thought the boiler was Baxi 552 because the manual i was given said it was. I wanted to change the firefront to a more modern one. So i bought a Baxi V2 from EBAY. When the fitter took off the old Firefront it showed that the Backboiler was infact Baxi Bermuda 25/1.

I looked at the baxi site and it seems the boiler is not compatible with Baxi V2 Firefront.

1) Can you confirm that Backboiler 25/1 is not compatible with Firefront Baxi V2

2) Is it legal to replace the boiler with a used compatible model and if so which models would have similar fittings thus requiring less work.

3) Is it a big job replacing one boiler with another and how much would it cost.

All work would be undertaken by a corgi/ gas safe engineer.

I know some will suggest thst i get a Combi. I am taking this option for 2 reason. I cant presently afford it and I will be selling the house soon.

Cheers in advance for your helpful advice.

maypen

Sponsored Links
Personally never heard of a 25/1 BBU :confused:

Are you sure it wasn't a 52/1?

AFAIK the only BBU's that can take new fire fronts are the 552 and possibly the 401.

It is definitely 25/1 (GC4407751). Can you try and answer the other questions please.

Also the Partsarena said that its compatible with GF Super, but does that include GF2 and GF3.
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
1) not compatible, send it back.
2) no, you can't legally fit a replacement back boiler
3) see no.2.

always adhere to the manufacturers instructions :rolleyes:
if baxi say no then it means no :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back