New bellbox and keypad for concept wired system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to fit a new external bellbox and a new internal key pad to a wired concept system?

The reason i ask this is that I would like to fit a new system to the existing wired system already in situ. I have recently undergone extensive renovations and initally was going to replace with wireless system but on reading not too good reviews thought that i would check out the possibility of replacing using the existing wiring.

cheers

Whitt1

Sponsored Links
Assuming all the devices are in working order , yes.The only problem you may have , is if it is an ADE Concept , then the PA and zone 1 are wired from the keypad and not from the main box, so a little rewiring required.

I would recommend the Texecom Veritas R8 control panel and the Odessey bellbox.

Thanks for taking the time to advise.

Yes prior to the work being carried out all was working OK with this system but I would like to replace the bellbox for something that "looks", as well as can act the part as the old bellbox is so worn and decrepid looking. Some of the alarm boxes that I've seen on houses actually flash back and forth between points I'm assuming that's to prove that it isnt a dummy box. Would you know if the box you've recommended does that as I cant see if thats the case on the description. Also the internal keypad is looking the worse for wear and I'm sure my heavy handed lot wont prolong the life of the keypad and again I think that it would be pointless re instating the alarm system and having a worthless keypad.

To your knowledge does the equipment you've recommended have a good track record. As I dont really have anyone that would be able to reset it etc if it were to go off unneccesarily, all my neighbours are old and infirm and cant even understand the most basic turn off instructions, as happened in our street when an alarm went off and the keyholding neighbour came knocking at my door at 5am to ask my help in turning it off!!!

Cheers

Whitt1

Also I'm curious about the ADE bit that you mentioned. I cant find ADE anywhere on the battery box or the keypad etc but the picture on the link for another query about ADE Concept Parts shows my exact keypad.

What exact "little rewiring" would be required?

cheers

Whitt1

Sponsored Links
The Odessey range all have flashing status leds , and it comes in 5 different shapes.The Texecom R8 comes with an endstation with all the wiring , battery , mains etc , and a dedicated remote keypad.Most alarm keypads are brand specific, so your ADE will not work with a Texecom.

I have fitted hundreds of Texecom alarms without any problems, it is by far one of the most popular of domestic panels, but like any other brand , requires the occational spot of maintenance , and a good quality backup battery.It is also easy to operate , with single button arming.

Regarding wiring , whatever is on zone 1 , usually the front door , would need to be wired back to the main box .
index.cgi

could anyone tell me why all bar one of the sensors on my alarm system, the led is permanently on, the other one flashes when it detects movement, they all used to do this.

Since trying to reconnect now all the sensors have a permanently lit little red light except for this one. I have tried the system and the sensors are still activated by movement once set so they appear to be working OK.

Also where is the best place to order an Oddsey BEll box from please?

Whitt1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back