new belling ceramic hob 4 core cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, new Belling hob has got 2.5mm 4 core cable ( 2 live, 1 neutral and 1 earth) , my cooker switch 45a connected to 32a mcb 6mm cable, then it goes to a dual 45a outlet plate for oven and hob 6mm cable. how do i connect the new hob it states it needs to have a 25a fuse, also im concerned connecting a 2.5mm cable to a 6mm cable.

Thanks for any advice you may give

Jason

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it says it must have a 25A fuse and not a 25A supply?

Apart from that, it doesn't really matter for a cooking appliance which cannot overload the circuit.

There will be wiring diagrams in the instructions but presumably you have to connect both 'lives' to the supply L.

Obviously you had better make sure first.

Did you buy it in the U.K.?

well it says 32A cooker circuit and must be hard wired into a 25A fuse a bit of a contradiction, got it from Currys

Sponsored Links
Hob.JPG

This one:

upload_2022-2-9_21-2-28.png

Connect Brown and Black to L
and Blue to N.

upload_2022-2-9_20-57-9.png

I don't think the wording is ideal. What is the power rating of the hob - total wattage?

It will be fine connected to the existing circuit.

6mm² is indeed the usual for a cooker circuit, but that is just a throw-back to 30A rewireable fuses.
4mm² has been adequate since 32A MCBs have been used - but people still use 6mm² because they do.

7kW @ 240V is 29A but cooking appliances cycle on and off so rarely draw the maximum current.

2.5mm² flex is rated at 25A so is fine - and will be protected against fault current by the 32A MCB

In other countries they have a split phase supply, in this country found in some remote farm houses but is rare. The wiring is designed to allow connection to a 25 amp split phase supply.

As said just connect both lines together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back