New Boiler advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i am going to change my 23 year old netaheat potterton...Its a great worker with not a lot going wrong and still working like a charm, but i have extended my house to twice the size and was wanting a bolier as good build as this ~ 20-25 kw , thought about condensing cos of efficiency ?
Can you please recommend a good make or boiler to install..
i checked The Glow-worm Ultracom 24 hxi and worcester 24ri so far and both look similar
cheers

Sponsored Links
i have extended my house to twice the size and was wanting a boiler as good build as this ~ 20-25 kw , thought about condensing cos of efficiency?
Your new boiler is unlikely to last as long as your Netaheat - it's called progress!

How did you arrive at the 20-25kW output? Did you use the Whole House Boiler Size Calculator?

Condensing boilers are compulsory (with very very limited exceptions), so there's nothing to think about!

Its most likely your house only needs about 15 kW boiler now!

Regardless its better to discuss the model with your installer.

Tony

yes i used a couple of calculators ...Just wanted some advise or expreieces with different make boliers before i commit..

Sponsored Links
hi guys, i am going to change my 23 year old netaheat potterton...Its a great worker with not a lot going wrong and still working like a charm, but i have extended my house to twice the size and was wanting a bolier as good build as this ~ 20-25 kw , thought about condensing cos of efficiency ?
Can you please recommend a good make or boiler to install..
i checked The Glow-worm Ultracom 24 hxi and worcester 24ri so far and both look similar
cheers

Where in the city are you 'falcon'? PM me if you'd like an Estimate.
Neither of the two boilers you detailed I'd recommend.

i used the calculator on your post ...and another one both came to 20-22 kw
about 16 rads...
@ delta i have poseted you a message..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back