New Boiler fitting

silverbmw528 said:
Thanks above... thinking about it.

on 2nd thought yes go ahead and do it, you dont want to have to pay some bloke who has spent years training a load of money for a boiler that you supply, after all you can connect the gas, pete down the pub told you how to do it.

who cares if it goes wrong, you can fix it, you installed it so you must know all about it.

What if it hisses a bit, its only a boiler, that funny hissing wont be funny when you turn the light on to investigate and too late you find out it was gas.

you wont mind not waking up one day because you have not enough ventilation, the carbon monoxide warnig sticker will tell you if there is too much CO, it will change colour loud enough to wake you up wont it?

I am sorry but there are some jobs a diy person should not do, this is one (and i am not a plumber or heating engineer), get more quotes and ask heating engineers too.

let me ask you this, how much is your life worth

Sponsored Links
They NEVER learn!!!

They've already got a cockamamie scheme for 'waste licensing' which penalises anyone who creates any waste 'legally' with the objective of catching 'travellers' and other flytippers who have absolutely no intention of buying licences anyway.

Next April, Gas Work Notification is threatened, such that 'legal' gas work (installs, moves, major changes of any appliance or piping) needs to be notified to (of all people) Local Authority Building Control. Yeah - like they've got ALL the resources they need to actually USE this deluge of bumph that's about to fall on them to root out 'illegal' work by unregistered installers. And for this, EVERY invoice for gas work will need to be increased by £5 or so.

Ditto for electrical work. Dunno the details of this but I expect it's something similarly impractical and expensive.

The list goes on and on. And what really sickens me is that there are offices full of civil servants justifying their own existence by setting up these worthless schemes but who are not in any way connected with actual enforcement - which MIGHT just be of some benefit to consumers, registered installers or both.

Every b****y time, all the revenue is spent on drones and never gets to the workers.

silverbmw528 said:
They didn't give too much away but I believe it's going to be controlled like Hackney Carriage fares and will vary throughout the country.

The did say Guide price so I guess it's going to be published and the consumer can make up his own mind however anyone reported for
extensively over charging will be fined.

Sorry, at silly £800 a day (Just because I know) charges I and I'm sure most will welcome it.

ditto

just the government meddling again, will cost thousands to police and will only affect the chaps that are reasonable and honest AGAIN

Just one question How much does it cost to build a new jaguar

bet thats a bit more than 800 per day

Sponsored Links
So while there monitering plumbers wages like Hackney carriages, will they be doing that with MP's wages, house of Lords wages, joiners, bricklayers,electricians, roofers, mechanics,computer IT, estate agents,car salesmens,shop assistants,lawyers,soliciters,Richard Branson, surely the fact that Richard Branson can spend £££££££££££££££££ on poncing around in a hot air balloon means we are all overcharged for ANYTHING with the Virgin logo on it, did anybody itemise the Maxwell trial or the Douglas trial costs at ££££££££millions, just maybe there was a "little" bit of ripping off occuring or
is it only plumbers wages which are the flavour of the month, I HAVE NO OBJECTION TO PLUMBERS WAGES BEEN IN THE SPOTLIGHT, BUT LETS LOOK INTO EVERY OCCUPATIONS CLOSETS OR NON AT ALL, EVERYONES OR NO ONES, people in glass houses should buy very thick curtains because we can all see in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back