New boiler inst, charged for a spark to fit mech clock.

Heating engineers are competant at HEATING, ie water, pipes, boilers.
Electricians are competant at ELECTRICITY, ie wiring, controls, sockets, switches.

Have yet had a need to call an electrician to do controls for me. No doubt there are sparks out there that can wire control systems on boilers but they must be very thin on the ground.

A S plan I installed when I fitted a boiler was totally screwed after the client got an extention built with underfloor heating coupled to my S plan.

Also, why is it that folks cannot follow the standard strip connections Honeywell and other control makers show in their wiring plans. Majority of the wiring I see is single connectors on wires making faulting a major PITA

Now I am going to retire to my bunker and watch the tirade unleash.

Sponsored Links
A plumber mate of mine used to struggle with wiring. He could barely connect it up to the mains supply. S plan ,Y plan, Roomstat's etc were a mystery to him electrically.
My sparky mate lost count of the times he was called out by this chap, blowing up timers, elec valves etc . He eventually told him to call before connecting any system up.
Plumb eventually did a basic electrical course, but still gets it sadly wrong (now and then). ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back