New boiler installation opinions needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I recently purchased a flat which has an old back boiler with an ancient pilot light gas fire.
I have been shopping around for a decent price to upgrade this system.
Looking for some opinions on the quote I got
Complete price to fit a Alpha inTEC 28 X condensing combi boiler comes in at £1,948.20
As the current system is so old I am entitled to the £400 scrappage scheme voucher along with some other discounts the price comes in at £1,378.00
I feel like I am a bit out of my depth with it all. Can any one offer any advise or opinions on the above?

Feel free to ask any questions
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I havnt fitted these, but the price seems very reasonable.

What is in the quote, trv's? Room stat? Clock? Ect.

Hi
I recently purchased a flat which has an old back boiler with an ancient pilot light gas fire.
I have been shopping around for a decent price to upgrade this system.
Looking for some opinions on the quote I got
Complete price to fit a Alpha inTEC 28 X condensing combi boiler comes in at £1,948.20
As the current system is so old I am entitled to the £400 scrappage scheme voucher along with some other discounts the price comes in at £1,378.00
I feel like I am a bit out of my depth with it all. Can any one offer any advise or opinions on the above?

Feel free to ask any questions
Cheers

Seems very good to me although Im not a fan of Alpha

Cheers for the reply
This is everything included in the installation

List Description ►
► ►
► ►
► ►
09/07/2012 Cost
Supply and install Alpha inTEC 28 X condensing combination boiler (with 7 years manufacturer's parts & labour warranty!) in the kitchen's corner cabinet as discussed, connecting flue direct to outside (with 3 extensions) and reducing the existing square flue opening.
►
Supply and install MagnaClean magnetic and non-magnetic filter.
Supply and install Siemens wireless thermostat / programmer.
►
Optimize and balance all existing radiators.
Pick up hot and cold pipework to existing bathroom / kitchen, re-plumb to accommodate change to combi and connect onto boiler.
►
Pick up on 22mm gas supply and connect onto boiler.
Pick up cold mains water supply and connect onto boiler.
►
Run condensate pipe to nearest available drain (kitchen).
Disconnect and remove off site an existing back boiler; hot water cylinder (from the sitting room cupboard) and drain cold water tank.
►
Fill, test and check for water soundness.
Supply all necessary pipe and fittings for the above.
►
Pre-commissioning clean of central heating system.
Apply anti corrosion inhibitor according to BS 7593 code of practice for treatment of water in domestic hot water central heating systems.
►
Commission the installation according to BS 6644 and 6798 standard.

Sponsored Links
Cant argue with that, certainly wouldn't get me out of bed for that price though :p

Well, not yet anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back