New boiler installation problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, i've recently built an extension, which included a new boiler.

The plumber who installed it over 3 months ago seems to have dropped off the face of the planet having supplied no paperwork for it. Building control have refused my completion ticket until they get the gas safe paperwork.

My question is can I get someone else to do an installation test etc? I'm not entirely sure what is required.

Sponsored Links
NObody in their right mind will sign off an installation done by an installer who just vanished without wanting to do some serious investigating and checks.

Possibly involving removing the boiler from the wall, checking the flue and flushing the system.

They are effectively saying they installed the boiler and system if they issue the GWN.

I thought BC could issue these certificates (at a cost)?

Hi Dan - didn't realise BC could do that?

Bizarre situation really....I'm pretty sure its a pretty reasonable job, he's a guy ive used for a few years and went to school with him etc. But just don't know where he is!

Would a days labour cover the GWN?

Depends on the installation.

The GWN is only a few quid. It is the amount of work the engineer will need/want to do in order to be comfortable taking on the liability.

A day would be a good place to start.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back