New Boiler and Commisioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just had a new boiler fitted.

Can anyone tell me what I should expect with regards to paperwork regarding the installation and testing of this appliance?

Should I expect them to have tested the exhaust from the boiler and setup the heating curve options on the boiler itself?

Any info appreciated.

Neil

Sponsored Links
They should have completed the Benchmark Certificate.

They should have notified Gas Safe who advice your Building Control and post a Certificate to you. Takes a week or so.

If you have W/C they should have selected the curve unless they wanted to use the default.

They should have completed the warrantee form and either sent it off of given it to you to send or alternately done that on line!

You dont sound totally happy!

Tony Glazier

Thanks. Just googled the certificate and found a copy, thats great.

I stress about things and I have this need to understand how and why things work.

Having the loft converted so all the tanks had to be removed, so the loft conversion company have fitted a storage combi which is a nice product but the central heating pump is running continuously and its really noisy.

I asked the plumber about this and he obviously has no idea about the setup of the boiler, so I speak direct with the manufacturer and go through the coding with them and set the pump run on from 23 hours to 1. Problem solved.

But it lead me to question whether they have commisioned it correctly. Now I have that sheet I will not pay them until I have received all the relevant documentation and am satisfied all is good.

I am probably getting worried about nothing but I seem to keep paying for jobs that are half finished.

Essay over.

I asked the plumber about this and he obviously has no idea about the setup of the boiler, so I speak direct with the manufacturer and go through the coding with them and set the pump run on from 23 hours to 1. Problem solved.

I would be very worried that the "plumber" may not have been Gas Safe registered.

His registration details should be on the Benchmark Certificate! You can check they are genuine on the Gas Safe web site.

Was he English? Only a few East Europeans are registered.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Yes he was English, I have tomorrow off to go through the snagging list so far with the project manager and will be bringing all these queries up.

Its just so frustrating at the moment!

Thanks

Ask the project manager for his name and gas registration number!

If he cannot commission boilers then he should not be installing them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back