Ravenheat csi120t fault 14 and commisioning?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys just bought a house and it has a fairly new combi boiler installed. It has the manual with the date installed but no Corgi details, also it has not been commisioned.

As there are no details of the insatller other than a name but no tele number, what do I do to get it commisioned, what does this entail and as is only 3 months old will my warrantee be ok if commisioned. It says in the benchmark bit at the back commised by if different to installer, is that ok.

Also what is code does code 14 mean.

Help please

Sponsored Links
Apart from the rather questionable legality, anybody who would be dumb enough to commission it for you is likely to get into trouble.
If you sing off somebody elses work, for all intents and purposes, it becomes yours.
Any accidents and problems will be blamed on whoever signed it off, including:
boiler, flue, gas pipes, wet pipes, electrics, the lot.

If it was all installed properly and safely, why do you think it was not commissioned?

It seems to me that its likely that it was installed by a non CORGI registered person and that it has not been notified to Building Control.

That is an omission that should have become known during the purchase procedure and the vendor may have some liability to pay to have the boiler commissioned.

I am happy to commission any boiler whoever installed it. That enables the safety to be established. What we could not do was notify the installation to CORGI as we were required to do under our registration. Gas Safe do registration but they dont require new installations to be notified to them although they still have to be notified to BC.

The warrantee situation needs to be checked, obviously the boiler should have been commissioned and the Benchmark completed. A call to Ravenheat should determine if it has been registered with them.

Tony

I assume it is not commisioned as the list with the tickboxes on the front have not been filled in and the benchmark bit of the manual is not complete.

I now need to get this sorted out properly.

I have looked at the installation and it looks very good and tidy, better that my last boiler at my last house.

Still that does not help much.

So what do I do now. I hope to get some positive answers, yes I know the situation is not good but! oh and it does not appear to have been regitered with Ravenheat, they suggest I get it commisioned and the booklet signed up.

Please helpful advice needed, do I just ring a plumber and ask them or is there a nice central place that can help like this gas safe lot?

I live in Hawkhurst Kent so if any fitters on here near by let me know.

Oh and Agile yours was helpful, thanks.

G

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back