New Boiler installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gona give him a call, thanks for everyone for you feedbacks really appreciate.

And those who think I installed or made up or filled in the benchmark book; not sure what to say...i have children and if you too have children, you will understand will this is a very dangerous risk to take.

Sponsored Links
And a thermometer
I have those coming out of my arris too. Love my testo smart probes.... Had a customer the other day saying his boiler was broken....

I said "have you fixed the kitchen taps yet like I suggested last time you said the boiler isn't working?"

"No".

"Lets see then" [I mosey over and turn off the service valves under the sink].

"there we are sir - precisely 35 degree temp rise.

Boiler fine.

Byeeee.

I have those coming out of my arris too. Love my testo smart probes.... Had a customer the other day saying his boiler was broken....

I said "have you fixed the kitchen taps yet like I suggested last time you said the boiler isn't working?"

"No".

"Lets see then" [I mosey over and turn off the service valves under the sink].

"there we are sir - precisely 35 degree temp rise.

Boiler fine.

Byeeee.
Had a call from technical today asking about a job from last week.
Cust unhappy at HW delivery.
We looked at my job report 4deg cold, 39 hot and 12.5l/min on a 30kw Logic.
Spent an age showing Cust turning tap down etc.
Technical agree but want to book another call as customer not happy.
There goes my first time fix rate(no return in 30days) which then impacts on my bonus.
I despair leaving the house some days.

Sponsored Links
Warranty work is an eye opener. I have had a few fun ones for Atmos and Atag :LOL:

I think manufacturer's should take installers out for half a day or so with their field engineers as part of a high level training/rewards scheme thing to show them that it usually is installer error.

Best regular one for Atmos was installers not changing the air intake seal - the boiler came shipped with a 80mm seal and needed changing for the 125mm seal that came with the turret elbow. Without it.... no combustion air and a boiler that sounded like it had been eating Baked beans for a week :LOL: Not easy to sort under warranty when the flue is cemented to the wall.

I've documented on here countless times and with F2 L2 faults on instal where the turret doughnut has been pitched/bent lost.
Why can't installers see that or pick it up on FGA testing?
Or do they just make figures up from me that I did when showing them a proper commission and filling in benchmark for them?
Mibbee I'm getting cynical and cantankerous in my auld age.
Feck it off to Dubai on Saturday for 8 days of fun. :D
It pays well this job:rolleyes: :cautious:

Update
Guys Iv spoken to him, about the date and he said the date (year) thats a genuine mistake but the certificate when it arrives will have the correct date.
Regarding the 2.3 only thing he can possibly the boiler wasn't running at max and not using the service mode was his mistake but did say he will come back and trs tomorrow...his on a call out at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back