New Boiler - Long flue or pump ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I'm having a new Vaillant ecotec 430 fitted next week, fitters have offered two install places ( both in the garage)

1) Outside garage wall = short 1m vertical flue + condensate pump + extended flow/gas pipes
+£52

2) Inside garage wall = 1m vertical then 4m horizontal flue but short condensate pipe into internal waste & short other pipe work.
+£120

I'm swaying towards (2) with all the shorter/ neater pipe work maybe issues with a pump, just slightly worried the long flue might be an issue ?

I believe the listed maximum length for Vaillant is around 8m, does anyone know of potential issues of a 5m flues (apart from trickier install)
Any advice would be really appreciated

Cheers,
C

Sponsored Links
Flue systems are potential failure points so the shorter the better!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Vaillant boilers are over priced cr*p & their flues leak like a 12 week old Pup.
As Dan has said, buy an Intergas boiler. Less moving parts & a much better boiler.

What stopping the condensate pipe going to soil stack?
Can't it go into a condensate soak away?
Daniel

It was an option, bit wary of potential freezing in winter though :(

Last edited:
Vaillant boilers are over priced cr*p & their flues leak like a 12 week old Pup.
As Dan has said, buy an Intergas boiler. Less moving parts & a much better boiler.

aahh bugger, so a 4m flue + Vaillant boiler seems to be a recipe for disaster!!

aahh bugger, so a 4m flue + Vaillant boiler seems to be a recipe for disaster!!

I'd go for option 1 with an Intergas boiler matey.

I'm fasinated to know, only 50 quid to extend the gas & F&R pipes?? I'd charge that for an hours Labour!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back