New boiler - poor flow - total noob question

Sponsored Links
but he might be qualified ( or competent ) to comment on intergas boilers.
Please define competent to comment on boiler brands or models, I know who I would listen to , anyone can install any boiler , doesnt mean that they have any clue what happens inside that mysterious white thing, manus engineers, just swap out parts till the fault goes away, designers wont listen when you advise them of changes, then you have shoite things like WHICH and other websites that pretend they are using public surveys to recommend a manu but in fact actually only recommend their sponsors, so pleas tell me who is the best person to ask about a boiler manufacturer or model ?

who is the best person to ask about a boiler manufacturer or model ?

Some one who has an open mind and is under no commercial pressure and who can research the various boilers design and quality of construction by reverse engineering the item. This involves taking them to pieces and examining the various parts.

The research should include looking the various companies involved in the supply chain as this can help to evaluate the quality of the item and the purchasing policy of the company.

Some one who has an open mind and is under no commercial pressure and who can research the various boilers design and quality of construction by reverse engineering the item. This involves taking them to pieces and examining the various parts.

The research should include looking the various companies involved in the supply chain as this can help to evaluate the quality of the item and the purchasing policy of the company.
Agreed so why then did you think that Dumberplumber is an advocate to advise on boilers

Sponsored Links
I think i managed to fix the issue, it was caused by an air inside the boiler. There is an air blead valve on the top which i used

Thank the powers that be for that air vent... Caught out many customer and plumbers who have done some further system work on homes where we've previously installed an Intergas boiler :)

That'll be me then. Fix all brands and models. 25 yrs experience in fixing boilers. Rubber hoses plastic hydraulic blocks etc etc. Downward spiral, crimped clips on hoses instead of jubilee clips. Isar boards, lack of access, having to remove parts a,b,c just to get to d. Absolute joke.

Put a HRE in my house last year.
I have jackets off Worcester, glowworm and intergas. Nothing off veissman, but the two cheapest boilers sold here they don't sell in germany, says something doesn't it? Done all their training courses....... less parts equals easier diagnosing faults and less chance of faulty parts.

As for
'The research should include looking the various companies involved in the supply chain as this can help to evaluate the quality of the item and the purchasing policy of the company'
Twaddle. Customer wants a white box that makes water hot.

Rubber hoses plastic hydraulic blocks etc etc. Downward spiral, crimped clips on hoses instead of jubilee clips. Isar boards, lack of access, having to remove parts a,b,c just to get to d. Absolute joke.
It is sad to see the decline of standards and quality of build.

less parts equals easier diagnosing faults and less chance of faulty parts.
Fewer parts certainly means fault "diagnosis" by changing parts is easier,
Diagnosis by analysis of symptoms should not be affected by how many parts there are.

Twaddle. Customer wants a white box that makes water hot.
That is true for the vast majority of domestic customers buying just one boiler. For a "customer" selecting boilers for a housing development of tens or hundreds of homes will be far more critical than the average domestic customer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back