New boiler quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again
Could you tell me if you think the following quotes are fair for fitting a new boiler ( inc thermo radiator valves, system flushing etc etc) plus one extra radiator. Also which boiler is best??
Baxi Duo Tec £1750
Worcester Greenstar 30si £1950
Ferolli 31kw £2250- this includes fitting of a shower too

Thak you!

Sponsored Links
You should not have put yourself in the position of getting quotes for different boiler makes.

You can only compare like for like!

Most installers would not be fitting any of those as a preference.

All the three should be able to quote for each of the three boilers. Only then could you start to compare the prices.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just about impossible to tell if the quotes are fair as it depends on the quality of the install(er).
9 out of 10 combis need an upgrade of the gaspipe, but it is impossible for you to determine whether you need it or not, unless the current pipe is completely visible and noticeably too small.
Unless you know at least 2 different people where your installer has done the installation, you won't have a reliable way to check if he is good or not.
Worcester is without doubt the best of the 3 makes, but only for the CDI, which is German built. The si-series, the baxi and the ferroli are made in Italy.

All sounds cheap to me, a proper powerflush alone is 400 quid at least, add a decent boiler and a scale inhib not to mention a heating filter, then threre's little profit in it.. buyer beware., Worsester Bosch is the only decent boiler amongst them. Are you in a soft or hard water area?

You have got to remember he's in cardiff ,not london ,out of the 3 the wb is the best but ,what you want is aWb 30 cdi /or valliant 831 or maybe a avanta plus 35c .
Or just go within your budget .
Me personally i charge £40 a rad for the powerflush .I do love the references to scale reducers ,up here in yourkshire we have proper drinking water not that polluted stuff you lot have .

Sorry, not been on here a while!
We do need the gas pipe changed, the plumber who gave the quotes said this includes everything- new thermo valves, flushing the system, labour, all in
Is it best to have a WB 30 CDi then?

.I do love the references to scale reducers ,up here in yourkshire we have proper drinking water not that polluted stuff you lot have .

Yes, Yorkshire water is so good, a few summers ago they were running out of it! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back