new boiler-what documentation should I have / get ?

No wonder I do not fit boilers. Will not be long before the buyer is asking for advise here

Sponsored Links
another RGi could do it

No he could not.

I don't know what the new lot will do, but corgi did absolutely not approve.
Only the installer can notify.
The only thing another installer is allowed to do, is commission the boiler.
There is a way around it, but additional costs again.
As one has to expect that for £250 quid the installation is not up to spec, it will probably cost more to rectify it..

Just out of curiosity, what is the make and model?

If you put it that way.
Lots of things are going on that are not legal of course, and if you look long and hard enough, you would probably find somebody willing to forge the paperwork.
You are right of course that there is no way of telling who did the job, and IF it was all up to spec, you would probably get away with it. The problem is of course that 200 quid jobs never are.
How many installs are there, especially on combis, where the pressure loss is less than 1 mbar?

I am curious to see what gsr will do when they find a rgi that signed off a cowboyjob.
As the excuse for giving the gig to crapita was, that there is a need for higher safety standards, prosecuting stuff like this would play right into their hand.
No problem proving it is illegal, no problem proving the system is not up to spec, easy conviction. If you want to beat somebody over the head, you can find a club to do it with.

Much as I dislike them, I do think gsr will actually tackle things like this as soon as they have found a way to charge for "legal" costs. I am thinking along the lines of admin cost, inspection fees (day's work @£125 an hour) and that sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
The benchmark book, is this something that comes with WB boilers too?

I just want to check the some Monday when I tooget a new boiler fitted whats needed to be provided to me.

Benchmark book on the day & then later on the GasSafe certificate?

Thankyou all for your contributions ... I am much wiser now and probably going to be poorer !
If I can find someone to 'commission' it ,I will certainly ask for their gas card.
The work looks tidy and everything seems to work OK and I did provide 'inhibitor, so I assume he put it in.

P.S. is £250 not a decent profit for a days work or am I totally out of touch :confused:

Cheers Steve

£250 profit would means a bill of at least double that as the installer should have registration/s, insurance, phone bill, vehicle etc to pay out for before any profit is made.

It's a legal requirement that the MI are left with the end user.

Manufacturer's instructions
29. Any person who installs a gas appliance shall leave for the use of the owner or occupier of the premises in which the appliance is installed all instructions provided by the manufacturer accompanying the appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back