new boiler which one ?

To the OP I would say Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the best mainstream manufacturers with a good product range (the ecotecplus 837 and the 42cdi respectively). You will find spares easy to obtain, backup very good and most engineers will be familiar with them. Remeha's spare parts and backup service is a country mile away from these two and the build quality and some of the components aren't as good quality (gas valves for example).

Sponsored Links
To the OP I would say Vaillant and Worcester Bosch

Well you do work for Vaillant. W-Bosch are old hat. They are 5 years out of date. I would not touch a W-B, until they get the control system sorted and updated.

Maybe we could have opinions on which boilers are the most reliable?

What about servicing and repair costs over the lifetime of the appliance?

Sponsored Links
bloody hell boys, i'm now more confused than ever. it's my first post, came on hoping to get some knowledgeable advice and all i've got is the people i thought could point me in the right direction, slag each other off. think i'll just check round the plumb center's and take it from there. thanks to all who replied and tried to point me in the right direction, but with not knowing who is who and people saying '' don't listen to him and the other saying don't listen to them, it's hard to take advice from anyone. many thanks Dave.

The only one not to listen to is BB. He has no experience of gas or boilers etc. His only knowledge is through reading brochures and googling on the internet.

He has already been banned twice from this forum, under different screen names, for bad and dangerous 'advice'.

The third time hopefully, is now, not far off either ;)

The rest of us are qualified, competent, registered and experienced heating engineers.

BB just has a chip on his shoulder against people who know their job properly for some unknown reason :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, all the Worcester owners I've met have been happy with them.

All the Potterton owners I've met, aren't.

But I'm no gas engineer, just a diyer.

The one thing everyone here seems to agree on is that Ideal boilers are... useless.

Once again BB wrecks a thread. All I can talk about is my experience in 26 years of installing and maintenance. Vaillant are a good boiler but I've never really got on with them. I'm a Worcester man. I'm on my second. First lasted 17 years with one breakdown. The seconds been in just over two years with no hassle. Spares back up from Worcester has always been very good as well.

Don't just take the word of people on the internet though get a couple of reputable installers round to quote for you and ask their advice. also ask what they've got fitted at home.

b****y hell boys, i'm now more confused than ever. it's my first post, came on hoping to get some knowledgeable advice and

Just take my advice. The rest know little about heating and more about changing bathrooms.

Once again BB wrecks a thread.

He does? By giving the best advice, over bathroom changers?

All I can talk about is my experience in 26 years of installing and maintenance. Vaillant are a good boiler but I've never really got on with them.

Over priced, control system which is lacking and over-priced.

I'm a Worcester man.

Reasonably reliable. Overpriced and 5 years out of date with abysmal control systems.

Read my post about the Broag and all will be clear.

It is worth noting. Many people are happy with Morris Marianas.

Who's he? :LOL:

Oh, do you mean the car? I think that's spelled "Marina"

I don't remember them much. I've heard that they were technologically backward, and stylistically boring.

But I bet it was easy to find a mechanic who knew how to repair them, and I should think that the mechanic had no problem getting parts quickly either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back