new boiler which ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a new boiler. What/which is the most reliable - non sticking valves simple electrics. Simple cheap parts/repairs. Loving simple engineering like as what I do remember the old Vaillant from 25 years or so ago with all them little 1/8" pipes and built like excrement house doors used to be and going on for ever and ever?
I have always viewed Worcester boilers negatively by virtue that they use their own Ali based boilers - is this foolish? Strange that for so long most of the manufactureres are using the same Frog "boiler"
Initial price is not really the criterior

Sponsored Links
Intergas. AS simple as it gets. Very simple but very versatile electronics.

Nothing wrong with Aluminium heat exchangers - they are more efficient for a start. As long as they are correctly designed and serviced.

Never really thought of Intergas Dutch and with an interesting heat exchanger arrangement only been in the UK since 2008 I wonder about getting suitable people to service its bad enough in the UK finding people capably enough to service vaillants Glow Ws Worcesters etc. I am assuming these boilers dont have the usual stainless steel sardine tin hot water exchanger? Very interesting. What of model suitable for a 3 bed 1 bath toilet basin kitchen 8 rads with plenty of water

Sponsored Links
They have their own unique heat exchanger, and whilst they might be relatively new to the UK they've been in Holland for many years. Very easy to work on - one of their many advantages - so any competent service engineer should be able to carry out annual maintenance. There is only one heat exchanger which handles both hot water and central heating.

Which model you need will partly depend on your cold mains flow rate. If you've got rubbish flow / pressure there's faff all point buying the most powerful boiler

I've been installing them since 2004 in their original guise. . If an engineer can't work on one, then you sure as shyte don't want them to be tieing shoelaces let alone working on boilers.

Like others have said intergas are simple, I used to fit main stream brands customer driven but I went to a mates the other week and he had a atag with gas saver combi only and it was very impressive , bit bigger then then the kitchen cupboard size, anyway I fitted one on a new install and was really impressed with performance and so quiet,
Feed back on here seems ok, but all boilers have the odd issue.
Good luck with project and remember that not all main stream brands of boiler are no better then others mentioned

go for an ATAG flow rate 2nd to none, but wait a while as heard on the QT that new models coming to market and will blow the opposition away

Hanson you live in Bournemouth (down the road in Southampton) a hard water area.It would be interesting to see how the Intergas lasts. On reading the blurb it appears that a suitable "Conditioner" is essential in order not to invalidate the warranty. I have emailed Intergas and await a response. Normally hard water and high temp direct heating are negative - what do they have in Holland?
Atgas I also like - its for a cupboard so looks don't mean out. But on looking thru It would appear one needs a 32mm plastic pipe installed for joint overflow and condensate - can this be right - I don't want to start hackin /drillin again to arrange this.
And what of those cheap Heatline thems cheap

I haven't fitted an intergas as yet as I used to fit branded boilers (driven by customers) but now I would fit atag if I get the say so,to be honest hard water isn't that much of an issue,the condense pipe was standard overflow pipe,if it was going into a soak away I would fit an air break to-prevent condense back up also if using condense pump fit an air break incase water back up if pump fails,32mm good idea to prevent freezing .
You won't be dissapointed with atag performance,as I say not seen what intergas are like

Hanson you live in Bournemouth (down the road in Southampton) a hard water area.It would be interesting to see how the Intergas lasts. On reading the blurb it appears that a suitable "Conditioner" is essential in order not to invalidate the warranty. I have emailed Intergas and await a response. Normally hard water and high temp direct heating are negative - what do they have in Holland?
Atgas I also like - its for a cupboard so looks don't mean out. But on looking thru It would appear one needs a 32mm plastic pipe installed for joint overflow and condensate - can this be right - I don't want to start hackin /drillin again to arrange this.
And what of those cheap Heatline thems cheap

Cheap and pants.

Intergas does need water conditioning and correct installation otherwise scale will be an issue. Same as any boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back