New boiler Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15Ri, comments

Problem is the boiler won’t run more than 15-20 minutes a day.

That's fine it gets the system flowing, the x800 will just sit in the system doing its job. It might even unclog it enough to keep the boiler running in that 15 minutes. It's powerful stuff and only designed to be in the system an hour or so, although can be a bit longer.

Ideally you'd need to install it as close as possible to the boiler so via the filter if possible

Sponsored Links
A limited flow rate can be caused by a blocked boiler heat exchanger but can also be a faulty or wrongly set pump.

Then there are a whole host of potentially partially closed valves around the system.

Boiler heat exchangers on those models rarely get blocked when used ( as they should be ) on a closed system.

Then the boiler may be turning off prematurely by the temperature sensors and PCB not working properly, unusual on that model though.

Seems to me it needs a competent boiler engineer experienced at repairing systems, not all are, or rather many are not !

Sponsored Links
A limited flow rate can be caused by a blocked boiler heat exchanger but can also be a faulty or wrongly set pump.

Then there are a whole host of potentially partially closed valves around the system.

Boiler heat exchangers on those models rarely get blocked when used ( as they should be ) on a closed system.

Then the boiler may be turning off prematurely by the temperature sensors and PCB not working properly, unusual on that model though.

Seems to me it needs a competent boiler engineer experienced at repairing systems, not all are, or rather many are not !

think you are right there, my first experience with a boiler engineer when my valiant was installed wasn’t good, the one who came out the other day was recommended, but he said it’s the pump after checking the condensate trap and igniter, wasn’t the pump, now he says it’s a blocked HE ( so does vailant apparently) and need circulate chemical, but the boiler won’t run fir more than 15 minutes a day…… nothing else from him…..just want it fixed, so a new boiler £1960 complete is possibly my best solution. Especially as this one is 14 years old. I hoped the boiler engineer would actually fix it, oh well….

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back