Worcester Bosch 15Ri not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help please. We have a Worcester Bosch 15Ri, installed about 3 years ago. Today it will not ignite. Blue light is on and is steady so I believe it has not been "locked-out". The boiler tries to ignite a few times, I can here some fan noise and a bit of clicking, but then it seems to give up trying.

I've read some posts on forums about blowing through a red tube on a 28Ri model, but don't think I have this on my model.

I've tried turning off at the main fused switch and left for a couple of minutes, but this didn't help.

Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
We dont give advice on DIY repairs to combustion aspects on gas boilers.

I dont suppose you have ever had your boiler serviced and it may be a relatively simple adjust ment required. But the PCBs are not as reliable as one would hope!

Tony

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, I had the boiler serviced 3 months ago (you need to have it serviced every 12 months to keep the warranty in place).

Hoping the service repairer can come out in the next couple of days, but was just hoping it may be a simple fix that I could do.

Sponsored Links
Very few boiler problems are simple DIY fixes. Cutting the power for a minute will sometimes allow them to reinitialise like a computer.

But if its under warranty th thats fine for you.

Please find out EXACTLY what is wrong an dtell us now that you have wetted our appetite!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back