Worcester 24CDi BF combi boiler...no ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just happened today, the heating went cold so we checked the boiler.
The red flashing light was slowly blinking, so reset using the front panel red button.
This failed to fix it. :rolleyes:
The ignition spark just clicks away until the red flashing light returns, on both DHW and CH requests.
There is a gas connection in the house as the hobs work. But I cannot test for gas flow through the unit - unless there's a trick to it?
Our gas meter moves far too slow to tell...?
The unit does 'click' as usual before the flames would ignite. I assumed that was the gas valve noise?

I've checked 'other' forums *shame!* but cannot find an answer to this specific fault? Moneysaving people sent me here... ;)
And the user manual doesn't mention a faulty ignition sequence?
Nor is there a 'help' guide on the Worcester/Bosch site...I'm sure there used to be? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if its sparking the fans probly ok. sounds like you need a qualified guy .

Sponsored Links
if its reached the sparking mode , i would think its gas or gas valve problem.

Errr....'fan'?
Not sure what it is or would sound like? Sorry. :oops:
The water pump comes on...would this have a fan noise with it?

I can't see any reference to a fan in the manual. :confused:

Thanks for the quick responses, though.

Yep BF model. ;)

I had my hand on the gas valve thingy :LOL: (with the plastic tamper/safety cap over it) which feels like it is clicking on request.
This is the 'usual' sound the boiler made when working.

OK...even though it makes the 'clunk' when operated? :confused:

youll need an engineer to check it out.no gas getting through for some reason.pilot injector may be blocked even.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back