new boiler ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i currently have a old glow worm system which is ancient and has been making very loud noises for a while so i am having it a new system installed
well i got quotes for the following
installation of a new potterton or bosch boiler in the kitchen
new rads in house (3bedroom and 2 reception plus hallway) and towel rail
TRV on each rad and a thermostat in hallway
new blue mains pipe think its 25mm
moving of pipework and installation of a megaflo cylinder in the loft from airing cupboard in bathroom
flushing of pipes
relevant certification and documents
comes to about 5500 pounds done by a corgi recognised installer.....is this way too much or roughly right considering all the work involved ??
please help i am really lost in the world of plumbing
do you guys recommend any other solutions? just want to get rid of the hot water tank in the bathroom but dont really want a combi fitted

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Well apart form it being a Potterton (Worcester not too bad though) and Megaflow combination it doesn not seem like a bad price at all.

They must be G3 registered as well as CORGI.

Infact it seems a bit too cheap, but it does depend on where you are.

Remember we do not know how much pipe work is involved. What you might think is a case of moving a pipe from A to B could mean a real trauma and a lot of hard work to actually engineer.

For the latest in efficient technology have a look at the Vaillant ecotec Plus system boilers and a Vaillant Unistor unvented cylinder. These can be linked via a VR65 control centre so the 'talk' to each other to provide the most economic and efficient heating and hot water solutions.

I personally think that the price is about average if it includes VAT.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back