new combi boiler system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so here's my question...

this week i am getting a completely new heating system installed( combi boiler)
the current system at the moment is a old glow-worm back boiler! single rads in every room except the 3 bedrooms :confused: and an immersion heater in bed 2.

the council ( people putting in the system) say they are taking out the glow worm and putting a new combi boiler in the kitchen. and replacing all the rads for new double ones.
BUT (question) they said there leaving the immersion tank in! and just replacing it.

is this possible :confused: i was hoping they were to take it out as there's not really any need and i need the space in that room. should i ask them if they can take it out compltely?

Sponsored Links
this week i am getting a completely new heating system installed( combi boiler)

Sure you are getting a combi and not a system boiler?

You can ask, but this will mean more pipework for them, which they may want paying for.

The combi will most likely mean that it will take longer to run the bath.

Afraid you are stuck my friend! If it's a council house you don't have a choice in the matter, unless you know someone in the council ;) Granted they are up-grading your boiler, but, the choice of system is their control. Unless you pay and negotiate some upgrades that I would assume you would be asked to bear the cost! If they are in a good mood as well...

Sponsored Links
1) not sure but it does heating and hot water :?:

2-3) OK thanks ill work round it :rolleyes: :LOL:

the person who came to survey the heating system said that he was leaving it in because of the children in the house... but the last house we lived in it was the same system as what is getting put in this week, and that was absolutely fine.

well they have got to move the pipes anyway into the kitchen (boiler right underneath the tank)

thanks again

not sure but it does heating and hot water :?:

Think you`ll find that it`s a condensing system boiler, wall hung like a combi but still uses cylinder for hot water, probably leaving it in cos with a combi if it packs in you have a reserve or backup for hot water with a cylinder you still have your immersion heater if boiler packs up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back