NEW BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,I`ve now been without a boiler for over a week and finally got someone to come and give me a quote for a new boiler.The quote is on the high side but I need it doing.When he got back to me to confirm the date he could do it he also said he wanted me to buy the boiler and then pay him in cash or cash and a small cheque.I understand him not wanting to put it through his books but are there any warranty issues if I`ve purchased the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If there are warranty issues it is going to be between you and the manufacturer.

Payment like this is both a tax dodge and a way of not having to provide any follow up service IMHO.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Just for giggles - what boiler is it?

Sponsored Links
Yes thats a good point.Would you recommend using a site such as rated people,because up till now I`ve called 7 plumbers and had only one quote?

I have a very low opinion of those sites. However there are a few decent tradesmen out there. . Decent guys by definition are going to be busy. . This is the silly season where people phone up panicking because all the problems that they've had for week's and months HAVE to be sorted by Christmas.

When in fact plumbers and boiler men are already trying to cope with the emergencies that come in organically.

The best way to find a good installer is recommendations from family, friends and neighbours.

After that the manufacturer's own website often has a list.

I'm in the office today doing estimates for surveys I did nearly two weeks ago. . It is crazy out there.

Hi,thanks for the reply,it`s a viessman,I think thats how its spelled

This is one boiler where it's essential to have it installed properly and on a thoroughly cleaned system. Without a proper manufacturers warranty you will be paying horrendous prices for the spares. I don't even repair them anymore due to the extortionate parts prices and availability.

Thanks for your help Dan,unfortunately I`ve exhausted all the numbers from friends and family.Thanks again c ya

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back