Boiler gone wrong..new one????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CH stopped working last week and got a engineer out to fix it. He's said that it is limescale blocking up the system and recommends a new boiler.

I have no problem with getting a new boiler but how much should I expect to pay to get a corgi registered fitter to install the system in a private cash in hand job?

Sponsored Links
ours was scaled up, as kev suggests get it descaled. also did the "plumber" offer you a lift in his vehicle? i figured that he wanted to take you for a ride

The quote for descaling the system was £500 anyhow. :eek:

We only moved in in July and feel it might be best to start afresh with a new system entirely.

Sponsored Links
fair comment, but you should have said that in the irst place. get several quotes then, including a powerflush

depends on the type and age of the boiler.....the only way to effectively descale a heat exchanger is to replace it. A powerflush will have no effect on scale at all....sludge yes, scale no.

The boiler is a C&W Britony Combi 80 (?) and by my estimates is about 5 years old. We would need to descale it and then have a filter installed as well.

At the moment I just want heat in the house!

there is a filter on the heating side
drop the front its on the ch return
will have to drain the boiler first tho
close the taps underneath drain cocks are on the front as you look at it :)

cash in hand is likely to be a cowboy job with no guarantee. potentially not corgi reg in own right either.

expect to pay at least 700 notes for the labour + whatever you want to pay for the boiler, cheapy or decent boiler is up to you. glowworm cxi's are not too bad for budget end condensing boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back