New Bosch classix w/machine VERY strange

T

teddyb

Hi

I have a new washing machine, installed by a plumber into a fitted kitchen. It works fine until it goes into spin mode. At lower the revs a really loud clonking sound seems to emanate from the drum rocking. The actual machine stays stationery. When the spins accelerates the clonking stops and the spin sounds normal - until it slows down again. The spirit level tells me its level.

Any ideas?? (It's really heavy and tightly fitted in between tumble dryer and wall.)

Hoping for some ideas,
teddyb

Sponsored Links
Following on ... I've just tried rocking the drum, when empty, and I get an unusual clonking noise, which seems to come from towards the back of the machine. Is this normal?

teddyb

Further research indicates it could be a loose concrete block.(?!) Is this an engineer callout time? The machine is under guarantee (only had a very little while) but don't want to pay callout fee (which I was surprised I would have to) if I can repair it myself without invalidating the guarantee (which actually, I suppose I can't).

I think I've just talked myself into calling the engineer.

how tight is tightly fitted??

Just a guess, but there is always some vibration/movement of the body. Could be the block is simply knocking against machine body as i is being forced onto the space.

Sponsored Links
The space is 60cm, which is the recommended minimum. I have run the machine pulled out from the space with this thought in mind, but no joy. The noise is horrendous until the machine settles with greater spin speed. If I use it, while waiting for an engineer, could I do damage?

Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

I'd be tempted to take the back off and have look - please ensure machine is unplugged from mains first.
Might simply be one of thransit retainers is was not removed and could be catching

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back