Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
02B6D98E-1D6E-435E-8FCB-F40338B4CBBB.jpeg
B0CD0027-A47E-4567-B426-6E70CEC26E53.jpeg
F2CF90AE-8E38-4159-9523-B35B8CA1C635.jpeg
7572E112-6B1F-4775-B459-266E57EA08B1.jpeg
Hi
I’ve just replaced my old Bosch dishwasher with a new Bosch (SMV46GX00G).
It washes very well and dries the dishes reasonably well, however the inside walls of the machine are always covered in condensation after the cycle, as the photos show.
I’ve been using the auto 45-65°C cycle, and I’ve tried the extra dry function, which has very little effect. The condensation doesn’t seem to go away when the machine is left shut, so in the morning (after using the dishwasher the previous night) it is still full of condensation and water droplets. This didn’t happen with my old dishwasher, and hasn’t happened with any other dishwashers I’ve used, they’ve always been dry inside after the cycle. So my question is: is all this condensation and water droplets normal, or is there something I’m doing wrong, or a fault with the machine?

Sponsored Links
No idea! My only guess is that either it is larger or in contact with an non-insulated wall and gets colder, or this model has less insulation within it so it cools down faster.
Are the things you've washed we still, or just the dishwasher?

The dishes are usually dry after the cycle unless they’re plastic, and the new dishwasher actually has more insulation than the old one, and is the exact same size

Sponsored Links
I assumed that the condensation is normal.

A client of mine has a built in Miele that automatically opens the door at the end of the cycle to let the steam out. Their previous Miele had a little fan that sucked out the moisture but the downside was that some of the moisture then ran down the outside of the door and damaged the painted finish on the door panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back