new-build ceiling question

dg9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i've recently moved into a new property - and was wondering what the professional opinion on the following is:

someone has recently moved into the flat above mine and there seems to be more noise from above compared to the previous properties i've lived in (both new build and older).

Should the lampshade ever shake due to 'normal' movements in the property above?

(i say 'normal' as it does not seem they are doing anything particularly outwith the 'norm')

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Should the lampshade ever shake due to 'normal' movements in the property above?
Normal movement, No, bouncing up and down maybe!

does the ceiling void have soundproofing installed?

Thanks for that.

It was definitely just walking about the property and not prolonged movement/bouncing in one area.

No idea about the soundproofing, how could i tell?

thanks

does anyone have any other ideas with this at all?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
try seducing the ocupants girlfriend, therefore transfering all movement onto your floor :eek:

Are the occupants or their visitors in the flat above you outwith normal sizes or weights?

Do they seem particularly keen on any active sports or other high energy activities?

This is what I have gleaned for what it is worth. New builds should have good noise insulation between dwellings. Floors can either be constructed using tried-and-trusted 'robust detail' designs or have noise insulation measured. It may be that some penny-pinching has left your noise insulation below regulations.

• Thanks
Reactions: dg9

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back