New Build - Downstairs Loo Slow Draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks - house is 6months old and has 3 bathrooms.

Upstairs Loos are fine, no problems.

No backing up in any other areas within the house.

Problem is the downstairs loo, only recently, has developed a slow drain in so much that when it's flushed the bowl will fill up to just below the rim and then drain away slowly. Which obviously fails to clear 100% of the waste etc.

I suspect a partially blocked pipe but just wondered what everyone else reckons?

This problem has only developed within the past few days but I had noticed that last weekend a flush up stairs in the ensuite - directly above - created a nice big bubbling in the loo below?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Regards

Sponsored Links
If its anything like mine was you will need a diving suit and an aqualung.
The smell was horrendous. I'm sure that the pros must have their sense of smell removed..

Sponsored Links
The smell was horrendous. I'm sure that the pros must have their sense of smell removed..

I knew I'd been working in drainage for too long when I could eat my lunch whilst looking down a manhole (or should that be inspection chamber :LOL: )

Are there any chambers you can lift to have a peek and see how far down it might be blocked. If it's new build I'd also get it officially noted now in case it turns out to be a defect in the pipe which has caused it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back