New Build, Leaking Sink Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Having owned my Clarion Housing new build for a matter of months, I am in disbelief that I am having my third water leak under my kitchen sink.

1st - Washing machine drain incorrectly installed.
2nd - No plumber's putty in drain part by rubber gasket, and water was leaking through
3rd - boiler condensate pipe leaking (this is the problem this post is about).

I have reported this issue to Clarion three times now. Firstly as a snagging issue, but on the last two occasions as a more urgent job as I have discovered that this leak has actually caused damage to the kitchen units. The protective metal cupboard liner has actually started to rust as this has been going on for so long. I have a soup bowl under the drain, it has been here for a month since I last contacted Clarion, but again, nothing has been done.

Can anyone tell me what needs doing to sort this issue out? I have tried tightening any parts of the pipe I can, it can't go any tighter.
Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated, as it seems pretty obvious to me, Clarion are not interested and don't care about snagging issues. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Screenshot-2019-12-29-at-22-45-14.png

Screenshot-2019-12-29-at-22-45-22.png

Screenshot-2019-12-29-at-22-45-32.png

Sponsored Links
Yup, water won't run well up hills though. That connection is running up into the fitting. I'd be unscrewing that and see if there's a rubber seal in there and if it's fitted properly, is that the solvent glue that I can see that's ridged up or have they tried to use silicone to seal it up? Try drying that drip up with kitchen roll and watch the join and see exactly where it's coming from, as @Nige F mentions it's may be the fitting isn't glued properly or is that a cut/crack in the elbow?

I'd also cut that hole in the cabinet a bit higher and move the condensate pipe up an inch or 2 so it's all running downhill properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back