New Build Snagging, Non-working telephones

Hope you get it sorted. Have tried to do mine myself with the help of some of the very helpful chaps above, but it seems, I am still getting issues with mine...

Phone has been working perfectly after my recent fix, however, all of a sudden, although I get a dial tone, if I dial in a number, my phone ignores me as if I have typed nothing. I have tried unplugging and using a different socket.

If I ring it from the mobile, I can answer and speak no problem. Just not able to dial out. Any ideas if this is another line fault or something wrong with the phone?

I don't have a second one to test with?

Sponsored Links
Tone or 'Pulse' dial?
Is there a switch on the 'phone that you change between dialing types? If there is try changing that over.

Tone or 'Pulse' dial?
Is there a switch on the 'phone that you change between dialing types? If there is try changing that over.

It would seem odd to have to change this as it was working fine.
There is a setting within the menu. It is set to pulse/earth, tried the other two:
Tone/TimedBr
Tone/Earth
All they do is make an awful scratching and crackling noise as though no microfilter is attached. It then also cuts out the broadband each time I pick up the phone.

Pulse/earth worked once out of three times but made a funny sound each timer I pressed in a number and there was lots of crackling too.

Sponsored Links
Tone/TimedBr should be the default (you hear tones when you dial and connection is very near instant) (with Pulse every digit can take up to 1 second to 'dial'.
If you have UK phone jacks and RG45 sockets in each faceplate I don't see any Cat5e/Cat6 cable. If the builders have only put phone cable in then that is the reason for noise on the lines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back