New car radio flattened my battery

Never heard of that before, even if they do the CDs it isn't going to alter the components which make up the circuit board :confused: . I thought you said you had returned the unit anyway??

Sponsored Links
Never heard of that before, even if they do the CDs it isn't going to alter the components which make up the circuit board :confused: . I thought you said you had returned the unit anyway??
No, I'm not hopeful either, but the fact that the current is NOT coming from the ignition wire gives me at least a glimmer of hope that it's a "soft" issue rather than a hardware design problem**. But what are the chances that they're firmware upgradeable via CD? Not good I suspect :)

And I did indeed return the first unit but (see my update post, first message from last Saturday) bought another on the strength of the assurances that #1 must have been duff...

[**] To clarify what I mean - the unit is capable of drawing more or less zero current from the permanent cable when the ignition wire is low; it draws 140mA from the permanent cable when the ignition wire is high (but still almost nothing from the ignition wire).

I'd be looking to run an ignition live to it. See if you can find a handy circuit which has a little bit of capacity and is only on when the ignition is on.

I'd be looking to run an ignition live to it. See if you can find a handy circuit which has a little bit of capacity and is only on when the ignition is on.
Yeah, it might come to that. I'll see what LG come back with and then decide whether or not to be lazy and abandon it :)

Sponsored Links
Have you tried taking the face plate off (assuming it's got a removable face).

I had a JVC that would drain a battery overnight if you left the face on

Have you tried taking the face plate off (assuming it's got a removable face).

I had a JVC that would drain a battery overnight if you left the face on
Sadly yes, I already tried that in the hope that it might help. No dice... :(

Is there anything local like the hazard warning light switch illumination which comes with the ignition? Any other illumination?

Back