New CCTV equpitment advice

Sponsored Links
Originally we fitted the SCD-1020PD which is a great little cam.........but no adjustment

Today I fitted the varifocal equivalent , SCD-1080PD and its real nice...got them for 65+VAT which is great.....Used with a Samsung SRD-840 DVR which again ,I'm blown away by quality Vs cost.....Simply cannot fault!

Thanks, Keep us informed how it goes as Im interested in buying a couple. Especially how it performs in the dark ?

Daz

These cams are low light but no good in pitch black depite having intelligent low light performance....if total darkness then checkout SCV-2081.......they are much high cost..can get for 120+VAT

Sponsored Links
SCD-1020R - Samsung 10 meter IR fixed lens dome camera
On offer at dynamic cctv internal only £31 each + vat

@ exicited, I went with the samsung SCD 1020 pd, can't comment any more as haven't had the time to install yet - but feeling confident they'll be up to the job
E999 & sparkymarka are the boys in the know, as in comparison, I'm just playing.
Once it's up and running I will leave feedback, if only for others that pick up this thread.
Cheers

Yea, you're soo right, I should have updated you guys on this as you were so helpful.
So heres the deal, All is up and in place, I fired up the DVR and got a split screen of 16. I've only got five camera and 4 mics. Of the five cameras, 3 were working and 2 had nothing. All were B& W . Of the working 3, I only had one picture.
So I know I've got some bad connections. you've only got to look at the Cat5 cable and it snaps at the terminals.
I have yet to read the instuction manual for the DVR and the instruction set up for the cameras.
Work has taken me over and just finding the time and motivation when I'm knackered has put things on hold.
It was all put in as I just didn't trust the carer. So I sacked her ! Harsh I know, but I had good enough grounds too, without any CCTV footage.
Tomorrow I have some time ( I know, its always tomorrow, till something else comes up) I've found a new carer, used to be one of my customers, and I know her well, so the pressure is off. But I really should get round and do it tomorrow.
I will be back to update, as I siad I would, and thanks for giving me a nudge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back