new ceiling

G

george765

Hi,
I am soon to fit a new bathroom ceiling. What plasterboard should I use ?
I thought that a moisture resistent would a good idea until I found out they can't be skim plastered.
Advice please,
Thanks, george

Sponsored Links
It can be skimmed but needs priming with a certain primer first, if your gonna skim it though why choose it over standard plaster board?

that's pretty much what I'm asking... is it best to use a moisture resistant and prime first, or just stick with a normal plasterboard ?
What is being done in new builds nowadays ?

Can't comment about new builds, but moisture resistant plasterboard definitely can be skimmer - coat it with thistle bond-it before hand.

It's probably not necessary for a bathroom ceiling that is going to be skimmed, but steam rises so consider the ventilation in your room and how much usage the room will get - ie are the multiple women in the house that require 20 minutes showers each day, then the accumulated moisture might have an affect.

Given MR plasterboard isn't that much more expensive than standard stuff it might be worth a punt.

Sponsored Links
if the ceilings going to be skimmed just use normal plasterboard or your wasting your time and money, a tub of bond it is expensive @ over £40 a tub and your not going to see no real benifit if its skimmed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back