New central heating install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

This is the first time I've installed central heating from scratch, can you pros take a look over it and tell me if I've done anything wrong....?

Yes I know I've used solder ring fittings, I'm not confident in using end feed yet.

Pipes out the floor from right to left.

Return to boiler
Flow from boiler
Return from rads
Flow to rads.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not a fault just an observation, the ball type pump valves are **** if you havent filled the system I would change them for standard valves.

Seeing as no one else has, I will.

Good effort OP.

Looks like you were sneaky and dropped to plastic under the floor, but we'll let you off.

Now go and get some patination oil so that it all stays nice and shiny ;).

Bin those pump valves...the ball type always leak on the spindles especially when you come to use them....gate type's what you want.

Bin the AAV on the cylinder primary....always leak, just use something like a 1/2 rad bleed valve screwed into a 1/2 female coupling.

Take the wheel head of the cylinder lockshield (or use the proper valve)

You sure about the white vessel...can it be used on the heating, normally white is for domestic water.

Can you access the schrader valve on the vessel...looks close to the ceiling.

If you've installed TRVs on most of the rads then a bypass is advisable to reduce the differential pressure across the valves as they shut down....(looks like a standard type pump with a fixed speed).

Have you got the double check on the mains water side...most get it wrong and shove it on the heating side.

You sure about the white vessel...can it be used on the heating, normally white is for domestic water.

I forget the make maybe altechnic but the ones I get from my merchant are now grey for ch.

Why have you run the vessel all the way up there just seems a waste of pipe to me

Nice work although lock over clips are the norm , the ones you've used are soooo yesterday. :LOL:

Not a fault just an observation, the ball type pump valves are **** if you havent filled the system I would change them for standard valves.

Are they really that bad?

System not filled yet no.

Seeing as no one else has, I will.

Good effort OP.

Looks like you were sneaky and dropped to plastic under the floor, but we'll let you off.

Now go and get some patination oil so that it all stays nice and shiny ;).

Thank you, as a general rule..plastic then copper where visible.

Was thinking of painting it silver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back