New central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just taken on a house refurbishment project and was planning on doing all the new pipe runs myself and leave them near the combi boiler for it to be commissioned by the plumber.

I was thinking of using a 2 sets manifold for the first floor pipe and then run 15mm to each of the rooms on that floor. I thought it would make sense to place the manifold somewhere accessible and have direct runs to the rads. Any recommendations or would it be best just to take 22mm up and tee in with 15mm where needed?

Attachments

• manifold.JPG
    manifold.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
Manifolds are certainly a good idea although personally I'd use a proper manifold a la underfloor heating rather than that plastic crap

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
All heating systems are a compromise, so step one is how will you control it all? If for example using programmable TRV heads, then little point in splitting into zones. And if you want OpenTherm or other ebus controls using zones may be counter productive.

I am not sure how much better electronic controlled modulation is to using return water temperature? However you don't want to defeat the control by turning the boiler off electrical before it is required.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back