New CH system and running Hep2o pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm planning on a New CH system with Combi-Boiler will all new Rads also this house currently has a warm air system which is being replaced.

1. I would like to run the pipes in Hep2o barrier i believe. idea is to drill holes into joists and feed 22mm pipes I have a long landing so will be the main run.

2. i was thinking of channeling in a few pipes on the ground floor to conceal the pipes, is this a good idea? what can i put in the channel to prevent long term issues?

3. is it worth me buying a right angle drill to make holes? as will be making a few holes everywhere

look forward to your thoughts thanks

Sponsored Links
1. Yes 22mm is the best size to supply to radiators, than size down to either 15mm or 10mm just before the rads. Make sure when you drill the holes the pipes have enough room to expand and than you sleeve the pipes.

Sponsored Links
2. plastic pipe buried in the sub-floor needs to be run in conduit with one continuous length of pipe and no buried fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back