10mm Old Hep2o Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm reaching out to any plumbers or DIYers that have spares of the original Hep2o 10mm fittings that they would be prepared to sell me.

I installed heating using the Hep2o system some 29 years ago. It consists of 22mm pipes from the boiler reducing down to 15mm depending on zoning and finally runs down the walls buried in the plaster in 10mm.

The flow to the radiators have either become blocked or much reduced. I removed all radiators and flushed them outside.

Have tried power flushing x800 and DC40 and if anything it has made it worse. Scale is loosened from the walls of the pipe. This Hep2o was pre oxygen barrier pipe.

I have successfully cleared some pipes by wire rodding or actually drilling down the pipe using 3mm rods with specially designed 5mm head. This has been up to 4m down the pipes. I have also have had to hack some pipes out of the wall and replace where I could not get through.

It would help me progress if I had a few 10mm Right angle fittings and also some straight 10mm couplers in the original design so I can couple to exiting fittings.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Viv.

Sponsored Links
10mm hep fittings are ready available from merchants and likes of screwfix etc. I’d be ripping it all out personally.

My understanding is the original design is not compatible with a later version that used green grip rings. This has also been superceeded by an even later desing. So the type I am looking for is. I am using speedfit fittings where required but I want to connect to the existing fittings in some cases.

Attachments

• 2024-04-28 12.59.15 2.jpg
    2024-04-28 12.59.15 2.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
There is nothing wrong with the existing fittings. I want the extra fittings to join to existing fittings. This is so I can flush through various pipes and drain at a further points. So its really to make adapters for flushing. I have actually now bought some fittings from Tool Station that seem to use the same order of grab ring, washer and O ring. They also have the same diameter screw parts and threads. Product Code: 35555 and Product code: 33133. Looks like a near copy of the original Hep2O.
Anyway thanks for you reply.

If you are reusing the existing pipe ends with new fittings it’s worth noting that the old style fittings were “O” ring first and “Grab ring” second whereas the newer Hep2o fittings are “Grab ring” first and “O” ring second.
This means the “O” ring will sit where the grab ring had previously been, if the pipe has been “scored” the fittings may weep, I have a box of old style fittings in my garage, no idea what’s in it but I’ll check when I get home tonight.

Hi Sandy, thanks for reply. I think I'm OK now with the Tool Station fittings which have the O ring, Washer and grab ring in the same order (as my picture). Bought a few and seem to fit OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back