New Combi Boiler Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I am getting my old dears boiler replaced, currently a Vaillant 824E, which she has had for 10 years or more. I am getting a Worcester Bosch 28i Junior fitted and also having the current system flushed as well. I just wondered if there is anything else I need to consider when having a new boiler fitted and if the boiler I have chosen is ok. Its a 3 bedroom terraced house with 5 rads. A friend has the same boiler and recommended it. Appreciate your advise.
Thanks.
Gaz.

Sponsored Links
I dont see any need to replace the current boiler.

Totally repairable and all parts available!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hot water comes factory set at 55c on the 28i Junior, once its on the wall you cant adjust it. If i were you id go for the 30si, its a better boiler and hot water is easily adjusted via a dial. Use a Worcester accredited installer to fit it and you will get an extended 7 year manufacturers guarantee free of charge. As its being installed on an existing system its good practice to fit a magnaclean or goldfilter device on the CH return pipe. TRVs on the rads (bar one) and a room stat should be installed also.

Worcester are over priced but Ive installed most makes on the market, and from my point of view worcester are top for quality and after sales care. I used to rate Vaillant but am sad to say I have got sick of F75 faults on new appliances, internal leaks from the aqua center, diverter valve, pressure sensor, vaillant handing customer details to homeserve who then harass customers for "service plans" despite being under warranty...I could go on. If it were for my old girl I would sleep sound at night having a worcester in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back