new combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys i need some advice, i am after a new combi boiler my current 828 turbomax does not provide the amount of hot water i need as i have a large family with 2 bathrooms. Someone has suggested the worcester 440cdi floor standing? your advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
The 828 is a reasonable output and fairly recent combi giving about 11 li/min.

A storage combi like the 440 will give about 20 li/min but ONLY until the store is depleted and thats in just a few minutes.

My advice is to have a storage cylinder which is heated by your existing boiler. That could deliver 20li/min for 15 minutes if it was a 300 litre.

Tony

If you insist on changing your boiler, I would go for the 42 cdi in stead of the floorstanding 440; would safe you a lot of dosh for similar performance.

Sponsored Links
get a rinnia 26i water heater. will do 20l/m and never run out plus can get some nice control that will let you do some cool stuff like auto fill a bath. just type in what temp and how many liters and walk away

then you can get a nice heat only boiler which best matches your CH need better then your boiler you have now.

g
then you can get a nice heat only boiler which best matches your CH need better then your boiler you have now.

i think you missed that bit :LOL: i would recommend a viessmann system boiler.

Well how about the rinnai twin flow? Water heater and an ATAG with a different badge.

Might well have been what mehran was thinking of ;)

yeh like the twin flow would work but i think the atag boller maybe a bit over powered. but on the other hand it does modulates down well.

g

i think you missed that bit :LOL: i would recommend a viessmann system boiler.
:oops:
Did miss that as it happens. One little problem remains though; 56 kw would not leave a lot of room for another appliance like heat only boiler on meter capacity, especially not as most people would also have a gascooker, and a 6m3 meter.

you are right...but rinnia have thought of this. you can fit a cut of flow switch to the cold going in to the water heater. when a hot tap is opened it cuts the heating off like a combi. so they cant be on at the same time. leaves room for your hobs and such.

this method was approved by corgi when they still meant something :LOL:

ATAGS don't modulate down. They modulate up. It makes a world of difference to system efficiency and automatic range rating ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back