new company or established one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a quote from a company who have been trading for 8 months but who have been in the trade for 30 yrs , branched out in his own and a quote from a company trading 24 yrs , the new company is £1000 cheaper , not sure which to take , ie if new company does not last

Sponsored Links
Make sure they supply you with an insurance backed guarantee, I always say even if they carried on trading successfully for donkeys years they would only ever come to sort your problems for 10 years so the fact that they MIGHT go bust 6 months after fitting your job makes no difference if you have a 10 year IBG because either way your covered for 10 years

Sometimes its best they go bust because of all the fobbing you get from the office like....the girl that's dealing with it is on holiday, or just gone into labour, or the service engineer is off sick, or his apprentice is, maybe the vans broke down or his lads been sent home sick from school and he's had to go home, I've heard them all :cool:

Sponsored Links
Both decent profiles but most are nowadays but as I and many on here say its all in the fitting, ask if the fitters are employed on the books or sub contractors, the latter won't give a **** and once paid will move on to the next DG company

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back