New computer

Anyone know how to get Win11 to do this by default, for all app data?
I don't know enough about it to comment, Harry.

But if anybody's still interested, my new desktop is brilliant. I ended up buying a new webcam, less than £10, and a Skype contact says picture is excellent. Only thing is, it has what I think is a green lamp, to come on when in use, but it doesn't. And it has a still picture button, which if it works, I've no idea where the pic goes. Not that I need either of those features.

I tried plugging the Logitech into an old XP computer, and it works, with a screen showing image display and a button for a snapshot, which works.

Sponsored Links
Optiplex 7020 SFF, i7, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, loaded with Win11 Pro. £139, due for delivery tomorrow. I already have a decent monitor, kb, mouse, and etc..

I just thought I would update everyone, after a bit more time, with this purchase....

It is/was this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09XHQ7Y6F/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_3p_dp_1

...and absolutely excellent value. Case was excellent, not a mark on it, inside there was none of the usual signs of use, none of the usual marks on the fan, no dust, all looks as you would expect inside a brand-new system. The CPU installed, was the next one up in spec., to the one it was supposed to be and it absolutely flies. The only thing I would be critical of, is the 500Gb SSD was stuck in place, in the drive cage, with double-sided tape. I'm not sure whether this was the refurbisher, having done this, replacing the HDD with an SDD, or Dell original fit. There was no built in wifi, but the supplier had included a USB 2.4Ghz wifi dongle, and a Display Port to HDMI adaptor. I has VGA, plus 2x Display Port outputs. Lacking a Display Port lead (now ordered), I'm running it on the VGA for now.

I'm not really into games, but I understand the built-into the m/b display card, is the worst part of the spec., but it does have a half height PCI-E slot - my old XP system has a card which might convert to a half height.

I set it going late last night, running the lengthy BIOS diagnostics, this morning it claimed everything passed without a problem. I've a 1Tb HDD to try to install in the single drive, drive cage, which means the SSD would have to go elsewhere. I managed to move that, by sticking it to the side of the PSU, and got the HDD mounted, but I'm awaiting delivery of a power plug splitter, before I can bring it into use.

Absolutely delighted with the purchase, and so cheap.

Sponsored Links
Back